Along the Raystown


The history of the Raystown Dam

SKU: 1001 Category:


Edited by Nancy Shedd. The book includes the ideas of the inception of the first Raystown Dam for electrical power in 1904 and the construction completed in 1911. There are stories of cottage life on the Lake, Camp Mylar, boating, water skiing, and fishing. There is also a short article on the archaeology of the Sheep Rock Shelter. A pull-out map shows the new dam superimposed over the old dam, and the locations of homes which were removed for the construction of the new Raystown Dam. Many black and white photos. Softcover, 8 ½ X 9”, 52 pages, published by the Huntingdon County Historical Society in 1998.